Friday, March 9, 2012

Am I on the right track for USC?

Like many, MANY high school-ers, I'm fretting about college. I have a few in mind, including UC Santa Barbara, UC San Diego, UC Irvine, UC anything (except Riverside and Merced.) My number one school, however, is USC, and I just want a little insight about whether I have a shot or not. Here are my stats:



GPA: (unweighted): 3.625 (weighted):

Honors/AP's?: Yup, all four years of high school. Here's the rather extensive list:

-Honors Biology, Honors English (Freshman year)

-Honors World History, Honors Chemistry, Honors English (Sophomore year)

-AP Biology, AP US History, AP English, Spanish 4 at the local CC, Trig at the local CC (Junior year)

-AP Environmental Science, AP Government, AP Economics, AP English (Senior year)



Other electives include: five years of Spanish, four years of Drama (I %26amp; II), American Sign Language, Drivers Ed,



SAT: results haven't come in yet, but my PSAT was in the 195+ range, so I'm assuming (hoping) the score will be 2,000+.

ACT: Likewise. ^^^



Extracurriculars:

-3 years of Knowledge Bowl

-2 years of Academic Decathlon (medaled four times thus far, 1st in speech, 2nd in lit, 2nd in interview, and 3rd in music)

-2 years of Geo Bowl

-3 years of varsity Track %26amp; Field (captain Junior year)

-Lead role in fall play Barefoot in the Park (Junior year)

-Roles in two other plays (A Christmas Carol, Cinderella)

-I've been doing Tae Kwon Do for 10+ years

-A plethora of clubs: Interact, Students for the American Way (of which I am President), Key Club, -A-Team (tutoring club), Academic Decathlon (aforementioned, but I am also the President of it.), Spirit Club, Science League, Junior Class, Environmental Club, etc

-House Manager for 3 theater productions

-Founded a Community Service Club that focuses on helping homeless families/people around our area

-200+ hours of Community Service

-Nominated/accepted into the Youth Citizenship Seminar at Pepperdine University (Junior year)

-In the midst of founding two more clubs:a book club, anAm I on the right track for USC?
Impressive, but has absolutely nothing to do with football.



Sarge
do you have lots of money, cause other than football that's the ONLY thing that school cares aboutAm I on the right track for USC?
Go to UC Irvine it's in a better neighborhood.
wow thats great stuff but USC is expensiveAm I on the right track for USC?
get a police record that will help
  • international postal service
  • chinese menu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment