Friday, March 9, 2012

Do I stand a chance at the college(s) of my choice?

I'm currently a junior, and I need to start weighing my odds at getting into certain schools. I'll compile a short, but detailed list of my high school career so far, and please let me know what you think. I'm currently looking at UPenn, the University of Virginia, the University of Richmond, and George Washington University. My intended major is in business.



Freshmen Year

Algebra 1

Honors Science (Earth/Space)

Wellness/Fitness

Music Theory 1

English 9

Honors History (African/Asian)

Spanish 3

Life and Career

Software Applications



Spanish Club

Freshmen Soccer Team

Two local recreation teams, both seasons

Local travel league for soccer



Sophomore

English 10

Business and Personal Law

Honors Science (Bio)

Honors Math (Geometry)

Honors History (Western Civ)

Spanish 4

Health

Introduction to Business



Two rec. soccer leagues, both seasons

Local travel league (different one)

FBLA state qualifier (8th place)

NHS inductee

Class Council

International Club

Started Key Club International in my school

Attended PFEW (business camp)



Junior

Honors Math (Alg 2)

English 11

AP US History

Honors Spanish Seminar 5

Entrepreneurship and Corporate Dynamics

Honors Chemistry

Phys-ed 1



Assistant coach for younger soccer league, both seasons

2 soccer rec leagues, both seasons

Job at Red Robin (8-12 hrs a week)

Started Key Club and chartered it/ President

NHS

FBLA officer/state qualifier

International club officer

Debate club

Get Real Program President (Business Department in my school forms a student-run business every year, where students in Entrepreneurship class literally run and control the business until the end of the year).



Currently trying to accomplish:

2000+ on SAT's

Distinguished Key Club President (VERY hard to do)

Receive FBLA BAA Future and Business awards

Receive Presidential Service Silver Medal Award

Intern at local Commerce Chamber

Running for a more prestigious position in FBLA

Running for an officer position in my class or NHS

Placing at FBLA states

Organizing a soccer clinic for younger kids



Senior Year

AP Statistics

AP History (Gov/Economics)

AP Biology

Honors English 12

Calculus/Math Analysis (I'm trying to take Math Analysis during the summer, but if I can't, I'll have to take it next year)

Honors Spanish Seminar 6 (Taking AP test)



I'm also going to be getting recommendations from my Kiwanis adviser (from Key Club) and a business teacher whom has taught me and I know very well through FBLA.



So what do you think? Do I stand a chance at being accepted into these colleges? For the record, it's 11 at night, and I'm writing as my conciseness is seemingly fading, so my writing and grammar is not nearly what it is normally. Thanks!



I have over a 4.0 weighted, and a 3.85 unweighted. I have no real problems with money;, I can afford the schools of my choice.Do I stand a chance at the college(s) of my choice?
You don't want Wharton. In Wharton there is a curve where a certain set percentage gets A,B,C, D, F. All the students in Wharton are either Jewish, Chinese, affirmative action or athletes who got in through recruiting. Wharton has the great name and everything, but in terms of a program it is highly overrated and not worth attending. The only reason to go to a school such as UPENN would be to make connections, but if you are busy studying all the time you wont have time for such things such as On Campus Recruiting.



Also your SATS are low for an ivy - let alone Wharotn. 2000 really wont help you unless your at a school such as Exeter, Andover, Choate,, or Lawrenceville that have 200 year old connections with the Ivy's. If you wanted Penn your best bet is to try the College or Nursing with those SATs.



UVA you probably stand a better chance but still a difficult chance.



I applied to many undergraduate business schools and they normally dont care about writing. They tend to want SAT scores around 1400-1600, a gpa A- or above and then something that makes you stand out. I don't know what that would be for you but many people have weird talents.



Depends on the schools but if your not at a prep school they will want you to get 4's and 5's on those ap exams and not have just taken your high school "ap" course.



I'm sorry that I'm coming off a little bitter but the college process is really harsh. I've gone through it...colleges are pricks.Do I stand a chance at the college(s) of my choice?
Hey, why the heck are you worrying. You have a great resume, and you took something to do with business pretty much every year, so you showed you had an early interest and it was prolonged too.One question, are you single?
  • dragon dragon age
  • xbox xbox
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment