Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Do I stand a chance at acceptance?

I'm currently a junior, and I need to start weighing my odds at getting into certain schools. I'll compile a short, but detailed list of my high school career so far, and please let me know what you think. I'm currently looking at the University of Richmond and George Washington University and comparable Universities. My intended major is in business.



Freshmen Year

Algebra 1

Honors Science (Earth/Space)

Wellness/Fitness

Music Theory 1

English 9

Honors History (African/Asian)

Spanish 3

Life and Career

Software Applications



Spanish Club

Freshmen Soccer Team

Two local recreation teams, both seasons

Local travel league for soccer



Sophomore

English 10

Business and Personal Law

Honors Science (Bio)

Honors Math (Geometry)

Honors History (Western Civ)

Spanish 4

Health

Introduction to Business



Two rec. soccer leagues, both seasons

Local travel league (different one)

FBLA state qualifier (8th place)

NHS inductee

Class Council

International Club

Started Key Club International in my school

Attended PFEW (business camp)



Junior

Honors Math (Alg 2)

English 11

AP US History

Honors Spanish Seminar 5

Entrepreneurship and Corporate Dynamics

Honors Chemistry

Phys-ed 1



Assistant coach for younger soccer league, both seasons

2 soccer rec leagues, both seasons

Job at Red Robin (8-12 hrs a week)

Started Key Club and chartered it/ President

NHS

FBLA officer/state qualifier (Received 4th place in State)

International club officer

Debate club

Get Real Program Chief Operations Officer (Business Department in my school forms a student-run business every year, where students in Entrepreneurship class literally run and control the business until the end of the year).

Currently have an internship at local Chamber of Commerce

Give private soccer lessons to kids for free



Currently trying to accomplish:

2000+ on SAT's

Distinguished Key Club President (VERY hard to do)

Receive FBLA BAA Future and Business awards

Receive Presidential Service Silver Medal Award

Running for a more prestigious position in FBLA



Senior Year

AP Statistics

AP History (Gov/Economics)

AP Biology

Honors English 12

Calculus/Math Analysis (I'm trying to take Math Analysis during the summer, but if I can't, I'll have to take it next year)

Honors Spanish Seminar 6 (Taking AP test)



I'm also going to be getting recommendations from my Kiwanis adviser (from Key Club) and a business teacher whom has taught me and I know very well through FBLA.



So what do you think? Do I stand a chance at being accepted into these colleges? For the record, it's 11 at night, and I'm writing as my conciseness is seemingly fading, so my writing and grammar is not nearly what it is normally. Thanks!



I have over a 4.0 weighted, and a 3.85 unweighted. I have no real problems with money; with financial aid/scholarships, I can afford the schools of my choice.Do I stand a chance at acceptance?
You should have no problems getting into these schools.



Try the Cappex "What are my chances?" calculator



https://sites.google.com/site/paul7colle鈥?/a>Do I stand a chance at acceptance?
With those credentials you can get into any school you want. If those are your two choices then go after them now, its never too early to set up an interview. Go to the business departments and ask to speak to the dean. Apply as soon as you can, you get a higher chance of acceptance and scholarships (even if you do not need them they are always nice to have). Also, although you can not do it till next winter, do your fafsa as soon as you can. It is always a pain, and the quicker you get it done the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment