Friday, March 9, 2012

Which college will I get into?

I know this is a really absurd question since there are so many factors to consider. But I'm currently a high school junior and it's really that time of the year when I'm loaded with SAT I, SAT II's, and AP's--and I just want to know what are my chances so far.



I currently have a 94 average (unweighted), I've been in all the possible honors classes my school offers, and I have taken plus what I am taking 4 AP classes (and 5 AP tests, because I'm not enrolled in one of the classes), I'm the school yearbook editor, a committee member of our school's honors society, a member of our school's spanish honors society, I've been tutoring physics for my school's principal (since he teaches a physics class) for two years and will continue until I graduate, I am an editor of our school's bilingual newspaper, I participated in the New York City Math Fair and got a silver medal, I participated in the New York Science and Engineering Fair and received a first place award in my category, I am part of a science research institute for a year and will continue until I graduate, I am a member of our school's chorus, a member of the Red Cross Club, and a finalist of the NY International Music competition.



Next year I'm planning to take 4 AP's (Economics, Computer Science, Calculus, and Physics C) and finance related electives.



For work experience I've been a co-manager at a prep school, hiring teachers, tutoring students, and handling financial issues. I was the highest paid employee there yet the youngest.



I know there college acceptance is really unpredictable sometimes and from year to year, it's different. It also depends on which high school I go to (which I would prefer not to disclose, although it in the top 20 in the country). It also depends on your interview, SAT/ACT, essays, etc, which is in the future. But I just want to know if I have a shot right now.



I'd like to major in business and management, especially advertising and media related. So I'm hoping to get into Upenn's Wharton School of Business. But it is one of the MOST selective schools in the country so I understand it's going to be tough. I'm also looking into a few of the other Ivies, including Harvard, Princeton, Yale, and Columbia. But these are all very selective so I know I'm aiming too high. But I'm also looking into MIT Sloan School, Carnegie Mellon, or Duke.



I just want to know if I have a shot at any of these. Thank you so much!Which college will I get into?
WOW i cant tell u which school u can get into because i never thought of going to those school but thats awesome u must be a very hardworking individual. thats really impressive. don't think u are going have a problem. but just a thought how about a a university abroad there better than the schools in the US well that could be relative just a thought.Which college will I get into?
It would be really competitive but possible and easier if your a minority

No comments:

Post a Comment