Friday, March 9, 2012

Do I have a shot at getting the Gates Millennium Scholarship?

I'll be a senior next year in high school, and my ultimate goal is to become a recipient of the Gates Millennium Scholarship. Based on my credentials below, would you say that my chances are great at getting this extremely prestigious scholarship?



1. Ethnicity : African American

2. Income : less than 40k

3. GPA : weighted = ~4.2, unweighted = N/A

4. Leadership Roles :

Tutor

Bank of America Student Leader

4-H Food %26amp; Fitness Ambassador

President - Essex County 4-H Teen Council

Teacher - Music Theory %26amp; Piano Program

Teacher - Afterschool Choir Class (at a nearby elementary school)

Teacher - Kindergarten Summer Camp Spanish Program

5. Employment :

Teacher - Music Theory %26amp; Piano Program

Bank of America Student Leader Intern

6. Community Service:

Tutor

Nursing Home volunteer

4-H

Kindergarten Summer Camp

Afterschool volunteer - Elementary School

7. Honors/Awards:

Congressional Award

Honor Roll/High Honor Roll

President's Volunteer Service Award

National Honor Society

Prudential Spirit of Community Award

President's Challenge Award Gold Medal





Aside from letting me know if I have a shot at getting this scholarship, it would be a bonus for one to inform me if I have a chance of getting into some of the top schools (i.e Cornell, Columbia, Harvard). Any tips or suggestions? Thanks!Do I have a shot at getting the Gates Millennium Scholarship?
Getting the scholarship with what you have listed will be easy as pie, being AA with a 4.2 is what will propel you, plus you show that you are active in the community and haver a life apart from school. The income will also be a beneficial factor in getting GMS. You should be ok with any ivy league school, if you can get into ivy league. you can get the GMS.
  • asia de cuba
  • smokey bones
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment