Friday, March 9, 2012

Do I have a decent chance of being accepted to Cornell University?

I am a high school junior interested in applying to Cornell University. Here are my stats:

Academic:

100/101 weighted average, 95 unweighted

6 AP classes by end of senior year ( World History, US History, Euro History, Government, Eng literature, Biology) All that my school offers except for AP Calc (im not too good at math)



class rank: 1/150 (valedictorian)

SAT: 2200 (750 CR, 800 Writing, 650 Math)

5s and 4s on all the AP tests

SAT subject tests: US History (730), Literature (750)

Mastery level on all Regents (NY State tests), including a perfect score on english and french



Volunteering: 300 Hours by middle of senior year/ leader of various fundraisers for charity

Extra Curriculars: French Exchange, French Club, Environmental Club, Science Olympiad, Literary Magazine, Jazz Choir, Jazz Band, Youth Symphony of my city, Key Club, SADD, Stage Manager for middle school productions, National Honor Society, Student Council, Drama Club (lead role for 2 years)



Leadership: Pres and concertmaster of my schools concert band, Treasurer of Mixed Chorus, Vice president of french club, Treasurer of NHS, Secretary of Youth symphony, Pres of Pride Club, Student Council Rep. Also attended a leadership conference at a college.



Essay: Very well written, personable. It shows my true passion for music.

Recs: From very prominent teachers of my school who acknowledge my hardwork in their coursework



Many school awards for achievement in the subjects of Chorus, SS, English, and Band.

Sports: Track and Field for 3 years, a couple awards in that as well.



During two summers I had an internship at the local college in my area for music.

NYSSSA and Signature Music camps

Nyssma Conference all state participant

Many Gold medals for Nyssma solo fest

Took college prep classes during summer before junior yearDo I have a decent chance of being accepted to Cornell University?
To answer your question.....yes, you have a decent chance. My son was recently accepted to Cornell Engineering (ED)with the following stats:



Unweighted GPA: 95

ACT: 32

SAT 2:

Math 760

Physics 790

AP: 9 classes - 5 completed - 4 scores of "5" and 1 score of "4".



Obviously there are more that go into an application than the above however, as you can see your stats appear to be similar to his......



Good luckDo I have a decent chance of being accepted to Cornell University?
You have a possibility of acceptance, but only about 21% of qualified applicants are accepted.Do I have a decent chance of being accepted to Cornell University?
as long as your essays are solid, i don't see why not!

No comments:

Post a Comment