Friday, March 9, 2012

What Are My Chances of getting into UC Santa Cruz?

GPA (Weighted) - 3.31

SAT - 1870

ACT - 28

SAT US History - 670

SAT Literature - 590

5 AP Classes

3 Honors Classes

Silver and Bronze medals in Academic Decathlon (Freshman Year)

90 Service Hours

Minority - East Indian Heritage

Clean School Record - Not a single detention



I am not athletic but I did do a year of basket ball Freshman year. I spent two years in my school's music ministry. I spent a year in Band. I couldn't do 4 years in anything because I switched school during the summer after my Sophomore school. The transition between schools is the reason my GPA isn't too high. I'm going to write about it in my essay. I also have worked at my family's business for the last 6 years. What would you say my chances are? And do you guys think that I can get into any better UC schools?What Are My Chances of getting into UC Santa Cruz?
Not good - maybe 50-50 at the best. You will however get into a UC FOR SURE. Just maybe not the one of your choice. Last year all qualified applicants got into one. You are qualified if you got a 3.0 GPA and have reasonable SAT's - which you have.



However, although all the UC's are good, make no mistake about that, it is still quite possible to get stuck in huge freshman classes taught by graduate students. Not my ideal of a great college experience. You may like to consider some other schools such as the colleges that change lives:

http://www.ctcl.org/



Thnaks

BillWhat Are My Chances of getting into UC Santa Cruz?
good. I already answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment